The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL) in partnership with FATE Foundation has launched the call for application for the Justice Entrepreneurship School (JES) which is a programme targeted at entrepreneurs within West Africa who are in the incubation stage of business and have innovative ideas about businesses within the justice sector of economies. HiiL (The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law) is a social enterprise devoted to user-friendly justice and has a goal to develop entrepreneurs working on solutions that will address and solve the pressing justice needs of people in West Africa.
Our Target Audience
Our Target Audience Includes Startups that empower people with break-through innovations to create better:
- Working conditions with employers
- Separation terms with spouses
- Protection against theft, fraud and violence
- Arrangements about noise, damages and property access with neighbours
- Housing maintenance and rent conditions with landlords
- Agreements on ownership, registration and use of land
- Contracts, fraud protection and compliance for their small business
Areas of focus for prevention or resolving pressing justice problems are in the following areas:
- Employment: contract termination, payment of wages/social security/insurance, working conditions, equal hiring opportunities.
- Family: separation, abuse, child support, custody and inheritance.
- Neighbours: excessive noise or disorder, right of way, damage to property.
- Crime: theft, robbery, burglary, and bodily injury, lending and borrowing money.
- Land: ownership, registration, use of land, tenure.
- Housing: eviction, living conditions, payment of rent
- Small business: supplier or client contracts, tax, registration, regulatory compliance, fraud, business premises.
- Public sector: corruption, bribery, access to utilities (water, sanitation, electricity)
- Consumer: unfair/unauthorised charges by company or bank, purchasing defective goods or substandard services, warranties.
- Money: Solutions that help prevent or resolve disputes over lending and borrowing money.
Structure and Curriculum
The curriculum is designed to help the participants become more knowledgeable on how to build and sustain innovative businesses that can solve today’s Justice problems sessions are facilitated by various industry leaders across the entrepreneurial value chain specifically social justice professionals with its learning structure, a combination of virtual sessions, case studies and group activities.
The programme will run for 8 weeks with a single touchpoint twice a week (Mondays and Wednesday) between 26 September – 16 November 2022
Monday 26 September – Wednesday 6 November 2022
To apply, click here
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be computer Literate
- Have basic computer knowledge
- Have a certificate from a tertiary institution
- Have a prototype or MVP solution that prevents or resolves justice problems like Neighbours, crime, money, Land, Employment, etc
- Have a Prototype or MVP solutions that cause social change or has a social impact that pertains to justice.
When Can I Apply?
Applications are open from August 16, 2021. We recommend interested applicants register immediately
How many entrepreneurs are you selecting?
Is there a fee to Participate?
No. All fees have been covered
How do I know if my application has been successful?
Only qualified applicants will be contacted
Will there be weekend classes?
No. Classes will hold on Thursdays alone. However, if there are any changes, you will be duly notified.
Can I make changes in my application after I have submitted it or can I do a fresh application instead?
No, once you have submitted, it becomes final.
What is the time involvement expected for participants?
The programme will run for 1 day a week for 8 weeks and 4 – 5 hours on each day.
Can a member of my team replace me in the programme?
No. Only the business owner/founder/co-founder that applied for this programme is allowed to participate.
Where should I send any enquiries?
Email email@example.com. Also, follow @FATE Foundation on Facebook and Instagram to keep up to date with information and announcements regarding the programme.