Lotus Capital Women’s Empowerment Scheme
The Lotus Capital Women’s Empowerment Scheme is an empowerment scheme supported by LOTUS CAPITAL LIMITED and Implemented with the support of FATE Foundation.
The Scheme was targeted at widows and single income females bearing sole income generating responsibilities for their families/households. The subscribing organizations were: The Federation of Muslim Women’s Associations in Nigeria (FOMWAN) and Muhtadeen Islamic Foundation (MIFO).
In implementing this empowerment scheme was a boot camp session which held on Thursday 12th April, 2018. The session was facilitated by Fayo Williams, Managing Consultant Simply Exponential Consult Ltd. The training focus areas were:
- Basic Financial Book Keeping
- Customer Service
- Goal Setting
- People Management
There was a practical session on financial book keeping and a role play on customer service.
A total of 28 applications were received. The applicants were interviewed by a four-man panel and the lot was further shortlisted to 17 women as eventual beneficiaries of the scheme. The loan disbursed to the women ranged from #50,000 to #100,000 each, making the total loan disbursed; one million two hundred and fifty thousand Naira (#1,250,000.00) at 0% interest rate over a loan tenure of 12 months.
In attendance for the session were:
- Hajara Adeola; MD/CEO Lotus Capital Limited,
- Lateefah Okunnu; Director Lotus Capital Limited,
- Adenike Adeyemi; Executive Director FATE Foundation and
- Amina Oyagbola; Director Lotus Capital
- Executives of the Federation of Muslim Women’s Associations in Nigeria (FOMWAN) and Muhtadeen Islamic Foundation (MIFO).
- FATE Foundation Launches the 2021 State of Entrepreneurship in Nigeria Report
- FATE Foundation and Facebook Announce 100 Small Business Cash Grants
- FATE Foundation Launches Her 20 Years Impact Report.
- FATE Philanthropy Coalition for COVID-19 (FPCC) Support Fund Closeout Report
- Appreciating Our Volunteer for the Month of February