Interim Announcement Of The FATE Philanthropy Coalition For COVID-19 (FPCC) Support Fund
On the 23rd of March 2020, FATE Foundation’s Philanthropy unit established the NGN250 Million FATE Philanthropy Coalition for COVID-19 (FPCC) Support Fund. The FPCC Support Fund was set up to support ongoing national and local efforts to strengthen public health infrastructure in anticipation of further strains and pressures from the COVID-19 pandemic. The Fund was seeded with a donation from our Founder & Chairman, Mr. Fola Adeola.
Through the magnanimous contributions of individual and institutional donors, we have reached and surpassed our fundraising target of NGN250,000,000 (Two Hundred and Fifty Million Naira only). As at the 3rd of April, 2020, we have received actual cash donations of N318,333,500 (Three Hundred and Eighteen Million, Three Hundred and Thirty-Three Thousand, Five Hundred Naira only) with individual and corporate donations ranging from N3,500 to N80,000,000.
In line with the objectives of the fund, work is being carried out to achieve the following:
- Set up of a 20-Bed COVID-19 Isolation Ward at the National Orthopaedic Hospital Igbobi (NOHI), Lagos State.
- Conversion of the Institute for Venture Design, Abeokuta, Ogun State to a 60-Bed Isolation Facility.
- Provision of a 50-bed support to the Railway Training Centre Isolation Ward in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
- Set up of a solar-powered energy system for NOHI Isolation Ward; donation of monitors for NOHI and the Abuja centre; and donation of personal protective equipments for the three locations.
- Donation of 10 Ventilators for Lagos state, Ogun state and Abuja FCT.
We are hopeful that all the three (3) centres will be up and operational by Friday, April 10, 2020.
We appreciate all the donors (listed below) who have enabled us meet and surpass our target. We will continue to provide key updates on our progress over the next few days. For any enquiries regarding the FPCC Support Fund, please email email@example.com. We continue to wish you and yours health and safety at this time.
Executive Director, FATE Foundation
For: The FATE Philanthropy for COVID-19 Coalition (FPCC) Support Fund
List of Donors (As at April 3, 2020)
Mr. Jim Ovia. Chief Tunde Afolabi. Mr. Tunde Folawiyo. Mr. Tokunbo Martins. Mr. Olayinka Fisher. Mr. Gbenga Oyebode. Mr. Olabode Agusto. Otunba Gbenga Daniel. Chief Leonard Stanley Ekeh. Mr. Olufemi Shokunbi. Mr. Adeyemi Adeola. Mr. Dapo Oshinusi. Mrs. Mosunmola Belo-Olusoga. Otunba Lekan Belo. Ms. Bolaji Agbede. Mr. Ademola Odutola. Mr. Oluseyi Kumapayi. Mr. Wole Oshin. Ms. Oluyinka Osoba. Mr. Gboyega Apata. Dr. Nelson Oyesiku. Mr. Adebayo Adeyemi. Ms. Kafilat Araoye. Mr. Kabir Aregbesola. Dr. Segun Oshin. Mr. Soji Awogbade. Mrs. Ndidi Nwuneli. Mr. Michel Nzewi. Mr. Adetokunbo Famoroti. Ms. Feyisola Olusanya. Mrs. Oluwaseyi Bella. Mr. Abayomi Jemibewon. Mr. & Mrs. Dayo and Doyin Adeola. Engr. Bolaji Ipaye. Mr. Adegboyega Adeola. Mr. Lyndell Ayodele Nedd. Mr. Babatunde Obadero. Mr. Ayoola Adeola. Mr. Udoka Onyeka. Mr. David Akiba. Ms. Omotayo Adeola. Ms. Nike Agbakosi. Mr. Mojibayo Alloh. Ms. Chinonso Okurume. Mr. Samuel Paul.
*This includes donors who have chosen to remain anonymous
- Aspiring Entrepreneurs Programme [the 114th]: Of Cuisines and Connections
- Alumni Business Performance Survey
- FATE Foundation Graduates Over 700 Entrepreneurs Across 20 States In Nigeria
- FATE Foundation Launches the 2021 State of Entrepreneurship in Nigeria Report
- FATE Foundation and Facebook Announce 100 Small Business Cash Grants